Advance copies of the 2011 Artist’s & Graphic Designer’s Market arrived this morning, and it looks fantastic (if I do say so myself!). This year’s edition has more than 1100 market listings (100 more than last year), and, as usual, we’ve updated all the listings with current contact and submission information. This year’s edition also has a great lineup of articles and interviews:
- Staying Alive: Life as a self-employed artist can be filled with joy, as well as cash, if you approach the challenge creatively, by Ursula Roma
- Getting the Gig: Find Work and Develop Business Relationships Through Planning, Perseverance, and Patience, by Jeff Fisher
- The Illustrator’s Market: A Professional’s Insights Into the Illustration Industry, by Chris Gall
- The Inside Story: Learn from the best: Tips from the directors of four world-class galleries will help you get your foot in any gallery’s door
- Anna Olswanger (Q&A): An Insider’s Guide to Finding Representation and Working with an Agent
- Take Your Best Shot: 19 tips for taking professional-quality digital photographs of your paintings, by Al Parrish and Ric Deliantoni
I think you’ll enjoy everything the 2011 edition has in store for you, but you don’t have to take my word for it (thanks, LeVar!): The 2011 Artist’s & Graphic Designer’s Market will be available for purchase 10/31.