As summer winds down, it’s a great time to consider entering (and winning!) an art or design competition. Competitions will get your creative work noticed and cash prizes are certainly a nice bonus! Take a look at the current competitions on Artist’s Market Online’s sister sites ArtistsNetwork.com and HOWdesign.com to see if one of them is right for your work:
- Southwest Art’s Artistic Excellence Competition: Includes cash prizes and winning artists will be published in the December 2011 issue of Southwest Art and on our website. PLUS one lucky winner will be chosen for that issue’s cover art. Deadline: August 15.
- The Pastel Journal’s Pastel 100 Competition: this annual competition offers cash, prizes and publicity to its lucky winners. Deadline: August 15.
- Action: Art! Competition: Whether your video is instructional, humorous or inspirational, you could win $1,000 and exposure on artistsnetwork.com. Deadline: August 15.
- The Artist’s Magazine’s All-Media Competition:includes cash prizes, and the Grand Prize winner’s work will be reproduced in the July-August 2012 issue of The Artist’s Magazine. Deadline: October 14.
- HOW International Design Awards: Winning entries will be featured in the 2012 HOW Design Annual, showcased in online competition gallery archive and displayed in the Gallery of Stars at HOW Design Live. Best of Show winner will win a free trip to the 2012 HOW Design Live conference. Deadline: August 15.
- HOW’s Interactive Design Awards: All winning entries will be featured in HOW’s March 2012 Design Annual and will receive a $100 discount toward registration for the 2012 HOW Design Conference. Best of Show winner will be featured in the March 2012 Design Annual and a free trip to the 2012 HOW Conference. Deadline: August 22.
Keep creating and good luck!