Winning or placing in a competition is a great way to get your creative work noticed (and cash prizes are always nice!). Check out these competitions on Artist’s Market Online’s sister sites ArtistsNetwork.com and HOWdesign.com to see if one of them is right for your work:
- The Pastel Journal’s Pastel 100 Competition: this annual competition offers cash, prizes and publicity to its lucky winners.
- Watercolor Artist’s Watercolor Showcase: Includes cash prizes. Award winners will be published and Honorable Mentions’ names will be listed in the February 2012 issue of Watercolor Artist.
- The Artist’s Magazine’s Over 60 Art Competition: Includes cash prizes and winners will be published in the March 2012 issue of The Artist’s Magazine and on the website.
- Southwest Art’s Artistic Excellence Competition: Includes cash prizes and winning artists will be published in the December 2011 issue of Southwest Art and on our website. PLUS one lucky winner will be chosen for that issue’s cover art.
- HOW’s In-HOWse Design Competition: Prizes include free subscriptions, gift certificates and publicity.
- HOW’s Interactive Design Awards: All winning entries will be featured in HOW’s March 2012 Design Annual and will receive a $100 discount toward registration for the 2012 HOW Design Conference. Best of Show winner will be featured in the March 2012 Design Annual and a free trip to the 2012 HOW Conference.
HOW International Design Awards: Winning entries will be featured in the 2012 HOW Design Annual, showcased in online competition gallery archive and displayed in the Gallery of Stars at HOW Design Live. Best of Show winner will win a free trip to the 2012 HOW Design Live conference.
HOW’s Logo Design Awards: 10 winners will be featured on the HOW website, get $150 worth of HOW books and receive a 1 year subscription to HOW magazine. You will also receive a graphic to post on your website announcing your winning status.
Keep creating and good luck!