This Thursday, AMO’s sister site WritersDigest.com is offering a webinar for aspiring picture book authors. Picture Book Craft Intensive: Telling Children’s Stories in Today’s Market is a 90-minute session with Mary Kole, associate agent with Andrea Brown Literary Agency. The webinar is devoted to giving you the tools you need to break into the picture book business.
Here’s what you can expect to learn in Thursday’s webinar:…
- The essential elements of books written for young child readers
- How your kid reader thinks about picture books and what they want
- What agents and editors look for in terms of pitch, writing, and book premise
- The specific guidelines of this market
- Examples of great picture books from today’s shelves
- How to handle illustrations and how to format your submission
- How to make your hook absolutely irresistible
- What separates an aspiring writer from a contracted author in this field
You can learn more and register for the webinar here. Also, be sure to check out the Q&A with children’s book agent Anna Olswanger right here on ArtistsMarketOnline.com.
Keep creating and good luck!