Money Management for Photographers
Love it or hate it, dealing with money is a key component of running a successful photography business. While your passion for shooting is why you became a photographer, competently handling your income and outgo allows you to keep doing what you love.
If handling money isn’t your strength, we’re here to help. This edition of Photographer’s Market includes money management articles on pricing your work, selling without begging, obtaining micro funding for your business, and options for accepting payment from your clients. You’ll also find features on a variety of topics to help keep your business running smoothly and inspiring interviews with three successful photographers. Here’s the complete list:
- Breaking In: Starting a New Business by Vik Orenstein
- The Art of Business: Work Your Art by Jen Cushman
- Selling Without Begging by David C. Baker
- Micro Funding for Macro Dreams by Sean J. Miller
- Calculator Magic: Pricing Your Work by Vik Orenstein
- Payment Options: How to Accept Payment for Your Photographs by Daniel Grant
- Taking and Making Stock Photos by Rohn Engh
- How to Manage Models by Rohn Engh
- Slow Down to Go Fast by Peleg Top
- Lucrecer Braxton: Inspiring the Everyday Photographer by Deb Heneghan
- Chad Moore: More Than Piffle by Luke McLaughlin
- Jeff Brown: Unnatural Light Photography by Luke McLaughlin
And, as always, we’ve included more than 1,500 individually verified market contacts (complete with payment information!). So, what’s holding you back?
Keep creating and good luck!